Monday, December 29, 2008

Homemade Ornaments






Arts and crafts are the other things that have been keeping me busy. Right now I'm trying to finish the Wonder Pets ornaments for my son. It's one of the kids shows that he likes to watch. I thought it was a pretty easy project, so I thought I would get a head start by cutting it out and gluing it together. Then my son can stuff it a little so he can be a apart of the project. It's still a work in progress. I'll probably post all the ornaments that my son has done in school and at home.

It's taken me a couple of days but here is the end product. I started off with the Linny the guinea pig who is also the leader of the Wonder Pets, then I did Ming Ming the duck because she is my son's favorite character. I gave it to him last night and he was so excited about it that he `hung it up on the tree. I mentioned that there's no Tuck. Tuck is a turtle and the third member of the team. You should have seen his face when I said no Tuck. He started looking for Tuck and started crying. So when I woke up this morning, I started on Tuck and it was done within a couple of hours but I still had to wait for the glue and the gold puff paint around Tuck to dry. I should be able to finish it tonight, close it up, glue the top part, then give it to my son tomorrow. The things you do for your child...

4 Comments:

Mummy Gwen said...

Oh such cute and lovely ornaments. Well Done!

Wishing you a HAPPY NEW YEAR 2009! May all your wishes come true. :D

Myza Pesona said...

Very lovely. Harap2 my son tak nampak la benda2 tu! Nanti disuruh pulak Myza buat untuk dia! He loves Wonder Pets, too!

Merryn said...

wow .. they look really nice! kudos to u! happy new year ;)

Umma said...

I love your homemade ornaments my dear.. WOw!! never thought you have that hidden talent hahah.

Happy New Year to you and your family.