Monday, November 17, 2008

Busy Monday


Monday. It's a start to a whole new week. I'm kinda happy because I've figured out what I'm cooking tonight and tomorrow night. I had to figure out what I was going to feed my husband and son in advance because I have a parenting class for his preschool tomorrow evening. Tonight it's pot roast with grilled asparagus and garlic potatoes. My husband will be happy because it's not Asian food..hehehe. Tomorrow it's nasi minyak with rendang. That's a load of my mind. I can't believe I spend $72.00 at the grocery store. Hopefully it'll last us a while.

Anyway, today my son and I went to a field trip with his class. It was kinda fun and cute. We went to the Nimbus Hatchery, it's where California Dept of fish and game spawn and rear salmons and steelheads. In the visitors center there was a room where you can observe how they get the salmon's eggs. I missed how they killed the salmon in order to get the eggs. I think they gas the fish first then hit them on the head and cut them open to get their eggs. I don't think I could stomach seeing that process and I know I didn't want my 3 year old to see that just yet. I don't feel to bad about them killing the fish because after they spawn, the salmon die. I've come to the conclusion that ignorance is bliss. I like the fact that I go to the grocery store to buy my meat that has been cut and cleaned. I wish I could be a vegetarian but I like meat too much to give it up. It was an interesting visit and I think the kids had fun. It was a beautiful day too.

3 Comments:

Tripzibit said...

Interesting place, i always want to go to the salmon hatchery. Cause there is no salmon hatchery in my country

Mummy Gwen said...

What a busy Monday for you. :) You can cook really well too huh..hehe..I like rendang too. Such an interesting place for a field trip. What a good experience.

Seno said...

I'm fine thanks. Hope you in the same situation. Regards. Seno.