Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Minor Disruption

Today was a full day. I did not go out and vote because I can't, I'm not a citizen so I can't talk about my voting experience. I can talk about working at my son's preschool class. I volunteer once a week at his preschool so I can be there if he needs me. I admit that I am a very protective mother and I'm not ashamed to admit it. Anyway, I thought it was going to be fun and easy. A little playing, reading and feeding them snacks. It was going to be a breeze. Boy, was I wrong to think that! It takes a special kind of person to deal with preschoolers or to be a teacher because you have to be enthusiastic and patient all the time. It's hard with 20 little kids screaming your name and wanting your attention when you have to be excited about it all the time. I feel awkward disciplining another person's child when they've done something wrong. After observing their behavior and language, all I want to do is protect and bubble wrap my child. It saddens me how fast they grow up. I volunteer at my son's school once a week, for 3 and a half hours, and by the end of class, I'm exhausted. I am at awe of them.

0 Comments: