Monday, November 10, 2008

Preschool

Today was the first day back to preschool for my son. I know I've mentioned that I work at his preschool but I did not bring him with me because of his jet lag. After 2 weeks, I decided it was time to go back into some kind of routine for him. I dropped him off at 8:30 and was not too sure when I was going to pick him up. I was just going wait and see if he could handle staying there more then an hour. I think class ends at 11 or 11:30. Being the over protective mother that I am, I called an hour later to find out how he was doing and the teacher's aid told me he was doing fine but he did cry a couple of times. I guess it's only natural for the kids to learn the rules and schedule of the class, but when I heard that he cried a couple of times, I decided that I was going to pick him up in half an hour. I know I should have just let him stay the whole time, but I thought one and a half hours on the first day back was pretty good for a 3 year old child. I know he has to learn that the world does not revolve around him, but he doesn't have to learn that right away. He has a lifetime to learn how hard the world can be. Right now, he is a child and I would like him to stay an innocent child as long as he can.

4 Comments:

Cecile said...

hi, thanks for the visit :-); sounds like your son was the same as mine the first time he went to pre school, he was also three years old then, now he is four, he goes to pre k now and is enjoying it. i am sure your son will get use to it after awhile :-)

Azlina Abu Bakar said...

Thanks for adding me to you blog. Yea my son will be four in June. I'm sad he's growing up. It's was harder on the moms. He had a pretty good day on Monday. We shall see how he does on Wed and Friday. Thanks again for dropping by.

ezekiel13 said...

I put my 2 1/2 yr old son in Infants and Toddlers classes for the preparation of preschool because I don't know how to introduce to him the school without me beside him. Is it hard?

Azlina Abu Bakar said...

I think it really depends on the child. I think at the age of 2, most kids still need their parents around. Parents still stay at my son's preschool even if it's not their day to work there. I'm an over protective mom. There are kids that are older a year older in my his class and those kids still need to be told to keep their hands to themselves. I did the same thing putting my son in toddler class at the age of 2 and half. He liked it.