Saturday, November 8, 2008

Friends

I had a nice Saturday. My son and I went to a First 5 Family Day. We got to see our friends that we haven't seen for about a month because of our trip back to Malaysia. It was nice to let the kids run around and have fun. It was also great seeing the moms because that's the only time we get to catch up. We've known each other since our kids were 3 months old. We met at Gymboree and managed to stay friends for the last 3 years. It is getting hard to get together because our kids have their own schedules and some of the moms work. I enjoying meeting up with them because I can be myself and there's no judgment. The house could be upside down and we still won't say anything because we understand it's not easy staying home or working and take care of a child too. It's nice to be among people who understand where you're coming from. They are good friends because they listen and try to help in anyway they can. I'm thankful for having good people in our lives. You need those kind of friends in order to survive this crazy world.

2 Comments:

Dhemz said...

Hey Azlina,
If you would like to change your layout you can check this website: pyzam.com or pimpmyprofile.com.
I have few suggestions to your blog:
1. Counter (so you will know how many people view/visited your blog)there are many sites to choose from.
2.Feedjit (this will allow you to see how many countries visited your blog) http://feedjit.com/
3. you should join: blogcatalog.com. technorati and mybloglog.com (this will increase your traffic, allows you to meet fellow bloggers)
4. Start networking (visit other people's blog, I am sure they will visit you back)

I think that's all I can suggest for now. I enjoy reading your posts. Just keep writing as much as you can..take your time and enjoy!

Azlina Abu Bakar said...

Thanks for the tips Demcy. I really appreciate all the help you and Greg have given us. Steve wanted to mention that we are using Google Analytics for counting/countries, etc. We will definitely check into blogcatalog and other sites. I think I was rejected by blogcatalog because lack of content. We will try again in a couple of days. I am also starting to network. Thanks again for everything.