Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Thanksgiving





Yesterday was Thanksgiving. Thanksgiving day always falls on the fourth Thursday of November. It's a big holiday in the United States. It's a day that everybody give thanks to what they have in their life. It's a day of eating turkey with gravy, marshmallow yams, green bean casserole and pumpkin pie. People usually share this feast with family and friends. I think everyone love this holiday because they are with friends and family the whole day and everybody gets to eat as much as they want and watch American football while the food is being cooked.

The day after Thanksgiving is called Black Friday. It's the first day people start shopping for Christmas presents. It's just unbelievable how people shop in the U.S. Some stores open at 1 a.m and others 5 or 6 a.m. Some of those people get there really early and stand in line until the store opens. I did it once when I was in college because I had nothing else better to do and wanted to experience it. It was fun but I never did it again because I didn't see any point to it. The sales are o.k but nothing worth waking up early in the morning and standing in the cold. I'll stand in line if they were going to sell a 40 inch flat screen television for $100 USD, which I don't think is going to happen any time soon. Shopping in America is an experience because sometimes you can't believe how cheap things are. My mother was shocked that even cars go on sale. I just found out today a Wal - Mart employee died because he was trampled by people who were standing in line since Thursday. When the police said they had to close the stores the customers were complaining that they have been waiting since Thursday for the store to open. It's just sad when a human life is less important than material stuff.

Anyway, I've posted pictures of what we had for dinner on Thursday night. It was delicious and it was even sweeter because I shared it with friends and family.

3 Comments:

Dhemz said...

wow....food looks yummy....hope you guys have a wonderful weekend!

Enchie said...

wow! the thanksgiving feast :)sure looks inviting ;)

Haris said...

hemm yummy yummy